1. I want admission in MBBS course under NRI quota. Kindly explain the procedure.
For admission procedures, kindly contact Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab (http://www.bfuhs.ac.in/).
2. Can a student domicile of another state appear in Punjab PMT?
No. Only the domicile of Punjab can appear in the Punjab PMT. Check the prospectus for further details and latest information in this regard.
3. When will the prospectus for MBBS/ MS/MD/ MSc be made available? Can I procure it by mail?
Availability of the prospectus is advertised in major national and regional dailies. The prospectus is available at various banks and counters across the country as mentioned in the advertisements. You can also check the university website (http://www.bfuhs.ac.in/) for availability of prospectus for a particular admission year. The prospectus can also be procured via mail directly from the university.
4. How far is the GMC from airport/ railway station? How to reach?
Refer to the map displayed on this site.
Click Here For Contact Details
5. I am a medical student studying outside India. Can I apply for Elective Placement/ Elective Period in GMC, Amritsar?
Presently, elective placements are not entertained by GMC, Amritsar.
6. Can citizens of other nations apply for a graduate/ postgraduate course at GMC, Amritsar?
There is no provision for foreign nationals getting admission at GMC, Amritsar. However, Non Resident Indians (NRI) can apply for admission under an NRI quota.
7. Is this college recognised worldwide?
The college is affiliated to BFUHS, Faridkot, Punjab, which is recognised worldwide. ( http://www.bfuhs.ac.in/).
8. Is the facility for Credit transfer from other universities available?
9. What are the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for M. Sc. in Biochemistry/ Anatomy/Microbiology?
Refer to the university website ( http://www.bfuhs.ac.in/ ).
10. Is there any quota for the wards of army ex-servicemen?
Yes. Refer to the university website for further details. ( http://www.bfuhs.ac.in/ )
11. Where can I find the information like eligibility, admission procedure, duration of courses, and fee structure for various courses run in this college?
The information regarding duration of courses and the fee structures are given at relevant sections on this website itself. For latest information on eligibility criteria and admission procedure kindly refer to the university website. ( http://www.bfuhs.ac.in/)
12. Like the undergraduate courses, is there an NRI quota for the post-graduate courses?
No. There is no NRI quota for postgraduate courses in this institution.
13. How can I apply for senior residency at Guru Nanak Dev Hospital?
The vacancies for senior residency in various departments are advertised from time to time in the national and regional dailies
14. Kindly provide me information regarding other medical colleges in Punjab.
There are three Government Medical Colleges in Punjab; Government Medical College Amritsar, Government Medical College, Patiala and G.G.S. Medical College, Faridkot. G.G.S. Medical College Faridkot is now under the control of BFUHS, Faridkot. There are private medical colleges being run at Amritsar, and Ludhiana. Refer to the BFUHS website for a list of affiliated institutions.
15. I am submitting my bio-data for employment , kindly inform me of suitable vacancies.
Mails for seeking employment will go unanswered as the college is not a recruiting agency for regular employment. Please contact the appropriate Govt. of Punjab Directorate for employment related information.
For any other queries you are requested to email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org